List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-edu] RFC: Join Education:desktop =?utf-8?q?and=09Education=3Aserver_to?= Education
From:       Lars Vogdt <lrupp () suse ! de>
Date:       2008-07-30 9:30:56

On Mittwoch 30 Juli 2008 03:17:46 James Tremblay wrote:
> >> My fear
> >> with this is that it will confuse the new user who would think
> >> that they can add Joomla to SLED.
>
> I'm running Joomla and Moodle and openbiblio and opensis all on one
> SLES box and didn't need to use any special dependency issues.

Yes - this isn't the problem as SLES has all needed packages. Just try
to install Joomla or Moodle on SLED and you'll see that SLED doesn't
come with all required packages.
We also have a "SERVER"-Education pattern - this should be enough to
make it clear that packages in this pattern are designed for a server
and not a desktop use case... :-)

With kind regards,
Lars