List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-edu] Opensuse Eductation repository : Source for required packages?
From:       Lars Vogdt <lrupp () suse ! de>
Date:       2007-08-12 21:18:07

On Saturday 28 July 2007 04:28, Bryan Scott wrote (shortened):
> Many thanks for packaging koha for suse and I hope it continues.

Yes. As time permits :-( koha is currently "low priority" for me.

> The environment I was trying to install on was one where the apache
and
> mysql are on separate machines and I was trying to upgrade an
> existing database to further complicate matters.

So lets say: complex setup ;-)

> Some additional I found helpful
>
> 1. Module perl-GB-Barcode could be installed through yast, but when
> trying to install koha anyway had to tell yast to ignore?

I think this was a typo on my side. I typed perl-GD and not perl-GB - so
this failure should be fixed with the next rebuild.

> 2. example suse apache conf modules as default to include conf.d/* in
> vhosts.  This then leads to issues with the supplied apache conf
> file. I move to /etc/apache2/vhosts to resolve.

Yes. Thats a way to go. But we can also try to use the <Define>
directive in apache to get rid of the problem.
So the example koha-example.conf file in /etc/apache2/conf.d/ can
contain:
--------------------------[snip]
<IfDefine KOHA>
[...other stuff here...]
[...would be great if you can send me your configuration file for koha,
btw]
</IfDefine>
--------------------------[snap]
So your vhost just should start with "httpd -DKOHA" and everythink
should work as expected.

> 3. additional library required perl-XML-SAX

Already available. Perhaps not on your mirror?

> 4. to get PDF working a little better I needed to
>     cd /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/PDF/API2
>     ln –s Basic/PDF PDF

Thanks for this information. I'll see what package can handle this....

Regards,
Lars