List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-edu] Opensuse Eductation repository : Source for required packages?
From:       "Bryan Scott" <bryan.scott () ffa ! int>
Date:       2007-07-28 2:28:06

Many thanks for packaging koha for suse and I hope it continues.  The
environment I was trying to install on was one where the apache and
mysql are on separate machines and I was trying to upgrade an existing
database to further complicate matters.  In the end I installed koha
from source but found the supporting packages to be of great
assistance.  I have at least two more new koha installs to do before
the end of the year and I will try using the repo again.

Some additional I found helpful

1. Module perl-GB-Barcode could be installed through yast, but when
trying to install koha anyway had to tell yast to ignore?
2. example suse apache conf modules as default to include conf.d/* in
vhosts.  This then leads to issues with the supplied apache conf file.
 I move to /etc/apache2/vhosts to resolve.
3. additional library required perl-XML-SAX
4. to get PDF working a little better I needed to
    cd /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/PDF/API2
    ln –s Basic/PDF PDF

Anyway thanks again for taking the time to package.

Bryan