List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Upgrade 9.2 -> 9.3 XFCE4 screwup
From:       Thomas Adam <thomas_adam16 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2005-09-12 11:50:46

--- "M.Blackmore" <mblackmore@oxlug.org> wrote:

> I upgraded overnight using the Linux Mag DVD of suse 9.3.
> Unfortunately
> on this low end machine it wiped out - like exterminated - xf4ce and
> there is no option to reinstall it. Bloody hell.

Of course there is.  Look at YaST for a start -- the eqivalent of
hunting around that ncurses maze is:

rpm -U ftp://somewhere.com/xfce4.foo.12434.rpm

> FVWM is crawling like the proverbial caching stuff to disk where
> xfetc.

How do you mean?  You do realise that I am willing to spend a long time
helping you setup FVWM if that's what you want?  God knows, I've been
using it for years.

> How can I get xf4ce back? (or is it xfce4, can't remember now!).

See above.

> ISTR there was a suse rpm set someone had done for xfce4 ... does
> anyone
> know about this?

You probably haven't setup  YaST to look at the main suSE site for its
packages list -- or it got hosed in the upgrade, or what have you.

-- Thomas Adam