List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Sophos
From:       Michael Brown <mbrown () fensystems ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-03-02 12:59:14

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Miles Berry wrote:
> Anyone else any experience with sophos under linux, or more importantly
> sophie under suse 9.1? Any suggestions folks?

You can find the spec file that we use to build the sophie package at

  http://www.fensystems.co.uk/downloads/ingredients/sophie.spec

Any required patches can be found in the same directory.

You might also be interested in our "mysophobia" package, which provides
the equivalent of Sophos Enterprise Manager for Linux: it will download
the latest software for whichever platforms you specify, together with any
necessary .ide files.  For Windows, it creates a directory that can be
your Sophos CID; for Linux, it builds RPMs for sophos, libsavi etc and
provides a script "sav-update" that can be run to update a Linux machine
from these RPMs (and the .ide files).  It will even send a SIGHUP to
sophie to notify it of new .ide files, or restart sophie if a new version
of libsavi is installed.

It's GPL software; if you want it, grab the tarball from

  http://www.fensystems.co.uk/downloads/ingredients/mysophobia-1.1.tar.bz2

Any problems, let me know.  It's tested under Mandrake, but there will
probably be small idiosyncrasies that need tweaking to get it to run under
SuSE.

Michael