List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] setting up suse 9.1 client
From:       "Rob Keeling" <rob () rjkeeling ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-10-17 18:27:37

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Adam" <thomas_adam16@yahoo.com>
To: "SuSe" <suse-linux-uk-schools@suse.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2004 4:01 PM

> --- Simon Marsden <simon.marsden@springfield.uk.net> wrote:
> > suggestions as to how I can set it up so that any of our users can log
> > on as
> > they would on a Windows client.
>
> I don't understand what it is you're asking - are you wanting people from
> a windows machine to access this Linux box (samba authentication) or via
> some other means?
For authentication you can use winbind, part of samba 3, if you need to
mount home dirs
you might want to look at pam_mount.

Works for me in a NT 4 domain, we are starting to look at the implications
of Win 2003.

Contact me of list if you want some sample config files.

Rob Keeling
Network Manager
Queen Elizabeth`s Grammar School