List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Problems printing via cups.
From:       "Rob Keeling" <rob () rjkeeling ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-07-03 18:57:04

Thomas,

> --- Rob Keeling <rob@rjkeeling.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> > workstaion to see 3 of the printers.
>
> You need to setup a class for the relevant printers.

I understud that classes were used to be able to group a number of printers
together,
printing to the printer class printed the job on the next avaiable Printer
in the class,
have I got this wrong?

> > Which worked, but mozilla Firefox would not print! In fact it stops the
> > print queue with the error "EMPTY PRINT FILE!" once you attempt
> > to print from Firefox.
>
> This is a known issue with firefox.... I suggest you check the docs and/or
> the FAQ at the mozilla site for more information.

I did do much googleing before posting the original email, though I must
confess it gets very
confusing between the different versions of mozilla/firefox/firebird etc.

I have found
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/fonts/unix/enabling_truetype.html
and this looks ok.

It is almost as if Cups 1.1.20 does not like accepting print jobs from
mozilla, but a cups 1.1.19 server does.

Can you point me in the right direction on this?

Thanks for your help!

Rob Keeling
--

I love deadlines.   I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.
- Douglas Adams