List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    RE: [suse-linux-uk-schools] FLOSSIE - Back to basics
From:       ian <ian.lynch2 () ntlworld ! com>
Date:       2003-12-14 15:39:01

On Sat, 2003-12-13 at 16:29, chris_thing-e wrote:
> Thanks again...useful.......think you meant
> www.schoolforge.org.uk/pn/....
>
> Are all the bods listed as 'involved' actually attending?

They are all doing about half an hour each on their experiences in
practical use of FLOSS. Mainly GNU/Linux desktop and servers with
integration with legacy Windows. Prof David Hargreaves is the keynote
Speaker and he has agreed to attend.

> And who are
> the speakers and what are they presenting....do u have outlines or
> drafts of presentations yet?

The list of the speakers is the bods involved. This list is those
involved in delivery actually on the day of the conference, not those
organising it. The outlined topics with each speaker is what they will
be talking about and hopefully generating discussion about. This is the
basis of the programme that is on the flyer that is going out. One or
two of the speakers might get changed. Maybe the fact that this is
effectively the programme for the day needs to be more explicit but I
had assumed that this was obvious. No detailed drafts yet. I didn't want
to pressure people into spending a lot of time on this until the
conference is sure to run. They are all volunteers so there is also a
limit to how pressuring I can be.

> Any ideas on what current sign up rate is and when go/no-go decision re
> delegates is?

I need to check with Yvonne, but its a lot better than it was and I
think its still a long time before the event for some. We are past the
point of no return in that if it doesn't go ahead I'll have to pay quite
a bit to the LIE anyway. Its more a matter of making sure its as well
attended at it can be now so I lose less money ;-).

ian <ian.lynch2@ntlworld.com>