List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Re: FLOSSIE Conference
From:       ian <ian.lynch2 () ntlworld ! com>
Date:       2003-12-13 11:36:09

On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 09:22, Alan Harris wrote:
> On Friday, Dec 12, 2003, at 02:01 Europe/London, MJ Ray wrote:
>
> > On 2003-12-11 10:35:26 +0000 Alan Harris
> > <alanh@bryngwyn.carmarthen.sch.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> 1. I'd love to come but it's difficult to make a day trip to London
> >> from Llanelli / Carmarthen and get there before 11.00 a.m.,
> >> especially if you don't have you own transport.
> >
> > Off-list: isn't this just a case of getting a train to Swansea and
> > catching the first GWR, or am I missing some complication?
>
> 	Leave Carmarthen 02:41 arrive London 06:43 or, leave Carmarthen 06:00
> arrive London 10:00. Of course I could book the overnight stay but
> would probably end up paying for the lot out of my own pocket, getting
> the new regime in this place to pay for such an action is probably not
> going to happen. They refused to pay for two non-teaching members of
> staff to attend a basic MAC OS/X course in Cheltenham - cost was only
> £65 per person!
> >
> >> 2. Most of the people you want to influence are in school management
> >> and, in my experience, either not in the least bit interested in OSS
> >> or downright hostile.
> >
> > Maybe we should subtitle this event "Bring a Manager (get one free)"?
> > ;-)

Yes - open to any suggestions on flexibility to get as many there as
possible. I just have to be seen to be even-handed and I would like not
to lose too much on the event. Other than those two criteria fine. If we
can BOGOF to get managers there great idea (as long as we don't get
loads of temporary promotions ;-) )

Regards,

--
ian <ian.lynch2@ntlworld.com>