List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] nothing but kde
From:       Thomas Adam <thomas_adam16 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2003-10-31 15:13:33

 --- Andrew Nix <andrew.nix@st-paulshigh.manchester.sch.uk> wrote:

> Does anyone know which file I have to edit in to order to stop people
> logging into anything other than kde? Ive done it once before but I cant
> remember which file need editing. If you need more information just ask
> as

Many users are given their own file in which to envoke a window manger,
i.e.:

$HOME/.xsession

if you elide this file, then the system-wide one will be used which is in:

/etc/X11/xsession

editing *that* file will force them to login to whatever WM you choose.

> I dont feel Ive been very clear, but cant think of any btter way to put
> it

Seems clear enough to me...

-- Thomas Adam

=====