List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Locking Openoffice 1.1
From:       "Darren Smith" <darren () icthelp ! biz>
Date:       2003-10-27 9:40:42

j_low wrote:
> As a slight aside to the main thrust of this thread, how do people
> set up
> OpenOffice across a whole school? Ie, do they install locally, or
> centrally, and if locally, how do they deal with the shared folders

I have got it set up as -net on the workstation and when a user logs on in
my classroom if they don't have a copy of the openoffice folder in their H:
drive then a version is copied from the network to save them going through
the setup themselves (using a kix logon script). I may have also done
something in their mandatory profile but I can't remember now. I intend to
do similar with the new version unless anyone else has a better solution. I
suppose I could delete the H:\oo folder when they log off as size does
matter at times :-) - If i did then which settings / changes would they
loose?

Darren