List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Cups Printing Problem
From:       Thomas Adam <thomas_adam16 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2003-08-03 12:27:01

 --- Rob Keeling <rob@rjkeeling.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: > From: "Thomas
Adam" <thomas_adam16@yahoo.com>

Yeah, I kind of guessed I was wrong -- that's why shooting the dark always
leads to unpredictable things :) Have you tried another driver similar to
the one that is giving you problems?

> > > If I change the cups printer type for the Deskjet 6127 queue I can
> make
> > > the download work.
> >
> > Hmm, interesting.
>
> It`s got to be something ppd related (my guess anyway) but I don`t know
> how
> to solve it.

Yes, I am beginning to think the same thing. If it is PPD related then
this would most likely be with the way that the information is being
relayed. I admit that this is testing my knowledge here too.

Sorry, Rob. I am unable to help you further :(

-- Thomas Adam

> > > The laserjet is using foomatic+ljet4
> > > The Deskjet is using foomatic+hpijs
> >
> > -- Thomas Adam