List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    [suse-linux-uk-schools] Cups Printing Problem
From:       "Rob Keeling" <rob () rjkeeling ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-08-03 10:57:13

I am trying to install the Cups samba print driver on Cups 1.1.18 =
running on SuSE 8.2.

I have added two printers, a DeskJet 6127 and a LaserJet 4p.

For some reason, following Kurt`s excelent instructions I can install =
the drivers for the LaserJet, but
the DeskJet appears to add the driver, but on a XP client, you can add =
the print queue, but as soon
as you select printer properties it runs the local add printer wizzard =
and asks for a driver!

If I change the cups printer type for the Deskjet 6127 queue I can make =
the download work.

The laserjet is using foomatic+ljet4
The Deskjet is using foomatic+hpijs

I need to roll this out to our school print server next week, which has =
30+ printers mainly DJ6127`s!

What am I doing wrong?

Rob Keeling
Network Manager