List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    [suse-linux-uk-schools] Suse adopting Nymph for thin clients
From:       ian <ian.lynch2 () ntlworld ! com>
Date:       2003-05-14 15:35:09

Seems that Mandrake and Suse will be adopting Michael Brown's Nymph thin
client implementation. Similar to the LTSP system based around RedHat.
(I think its better but then I'm biased :-) ) In fact Mandrake have
already incorporated it in 9.x, not sure when it will appear in a Suse
distro, but it can't be too far off. Same technology as developed in
East Hull CLC, Wakefield City High School and Hall Garth Performing Arts
College.

Most people will either have met Michael at the Open Source in Schools
meeting or seen his contributions to this list. Just think we need to
recognise it when one of our own helps push the boundaries.

--
ian <ian.lynch2@ntlworld.com>