List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] client printer drivers for cups
From:       "N.Pauli" <npauli () st-johns ! org ! uk>
Date:       2003-04-22 22:08:21

I have just installed Debian woody on one of my desktops and after installed a
2.4.18 kernel and doing a dist-upgrade to sid have thought about installing a
printer. I have downloaded and installed the free version of turboprint
[www.turboprint.de] which got my new Canon i550 running and even did the print
head calibrations; but, .... printing is still typically linux-cr*p :( with
fonts being displayed on the screen but not on the sheet and the printed page
being a little too big for the paper page.

I would be grateful if anyone has any suggestions on what I need to do re:
fonts, printer config, etc to get to the happily ever after bit.

Yours,
Nigel

--
Nigel Pauli