List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    RE: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Tricky DNS Problems
From:       Chris Puttick <chris () centralmanclc ! com>
Date:       2003-03-12 8:22:54

You lie to it...

If you put an entry in your DNS for smtp.freeserve.net CNAME
mail.ourschool.sch.uk, then your DNS server will return that information.
However, if your specific example is indicative of the others, then use the
hosts file on the local computer to get a similar result.

The webpages are best dealt with by Squid/Squidguard or similar. What does
your primary proxy do now?

Chris