List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    [suse-linux-uk-schools] iptables question
From:       Matt Williams <lists () yewlands ! com>
Date:       2003-03-10 9:30:19

Morning

We currently have 2 linux gateways within our school, one is for the broadband
by provided by our council, the other our old isdn line.

In true council fashion the gateway they provided us with will not do anything
other than browse the web.

We have set all clients (windows 2000) gateway to point at the council ip
address. Is there a way I forward all requests that aren't on port 80 (or
443) onto the other gateway?

All example I see for iptables seem to be routing through different interfaces
on one card.
So for example if the bb gateway is 172.16.0.20 and it receives any requests
that aren't on port 80 to forward these requests onto 172.16.0.5 (isdn) to
use that gateway for these services.

Can this be done?

Cheers

Matt