List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    [suse-linux-uk-schools] MySQL
From:       Matt Johnson <johnsonmlw () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2003-03-07 11:24:15

Folks,

I've searched for help in seemingly more relevant
places, but I have a suspicion someone here will at
least point me. I've googled, search the manual, read
heaps of tutorials (devshed etc) but I don't know what
to *call* what I'm after, so it's very tricky.

Could someone direct me to a tutorial or example that
deals with rearranging shown below MySQL... Or at
least give me the *jargon* for what I'm trying to do.

I don't think it's a cross tab or pivot table, as they
seem to sum data.

I have this table:

name   week   score
joe    1      30
fred   1      23
rita   1      33
joe    2      31
fred   2      24
rita   2      31

And I just want to display it like this...

name   week1   week2   week3
joe    30      31
fred   23      24
rita   33      31