List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    [suse-linux-uk-schools] Installing Suse 7.3 on an NT domain
From:       "Rob Keeling" <rob () rjkeeling ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-12-06 11:28:15

I am trying to install a Suse machine onto our school network At the moment
we have.

Samba 2.2.6 installed, with winbind support.

All NT users and groups are visable to the suse box.

However I am now trying to mount our nt home directory (with pam_mount) and
get things running.

There seem to be two problems.

If an NT account has expired Suse doen`t offer the chance to change the
password via pam_winbind.

I can`t work out how to map the home directories with out them existing on
the Suse box first (we have 1200 accounts).

Can anyone point me in the right direction? (An idiots guide would be good)

Rob Keeling
Network Manager
Queen Elizbeth`s Grammar School
Ashbourne