List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Hard disk image (and backup questions)
From:       Matt Johnson <johnsonmlw () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-09-02 19:57:16

Folks,

Please please double check my thinking here...

If I have /home and /etc backed up, and I only use the
server as a PDC for Windows clients, if someone took a
sledge hammer to the server and through it in a skip,
I could:

* put a new, freshly installed SuSE linux box in there

* copy back /home

* copy back /etc/passwd

* copy back /etc/group

* copy back /etc/shadow

* copy back /etc/smb.conf

* copy back the share I use for /netlogon

and this would come back up okay?

Crucially, is there any other file I'd need to get as
part of my backup to get a PDC fileserver back up?

Answers to this would stop me worrying about disaster
- although a certain ammount of concern about disaster
is probably healthy for a network admin!

Much thanks in advance.

--
Matt Johnson