List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    [suse-linux-uk-schools] SuSE EMail Server II
From:       "Rob Keeling" <rob () rjkeeling ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-07-28 13:50:37

Thanks for the replies I received to my last post, it turned out to be a
combination
of dirty cd, dodgy CD-ROM drive and overheating problems!

I have now installed everything, and trying to get to grips with the way it
works.

I need to try to integrate it with a NT 4 domain database if at all
possible, using NT passwords
would be a VERY good move.

I am trying to move our system slowly but surely to Linux rather than MS, at
the moment Outlook
express is giving us major problems with pop3. What I want to do is,
configure Outlook for IMAP access,
(as an added bonus it looks like LDAP will do our system wide address book).
Allow web mail from anywhere,
and add a IMAP tool to our new Linux machines (once I have built them!).

I was assuming that I could replace the Unix password file with winbind,
giving me common users and passwords,
this looks like a big assumption?

Can I configure something to populate the LDAP server with all our user
names etc, and then use something else
to use NT password authentication?

Thanks for any help anyone can give! I am getting a bit out of my

Rob Keeling
Network Manager
Queen Elizabeth`s Grammar School
Ashbourne