List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Friday 12 April posting errors?
From:       "Frank Shute" <frank () esperance-linux ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-04-15 10:29:55

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 07:24:05AM +0100, Andrew Ray wrote:

> Thank you to the kind individual who pointed out to me that the two postings
> I made to the list on Friday 12 April arrived in an unreadable form.
>
> I have done some initial investigation into causes and offer the following:
>
> Because we work in a very mixed environment, I was using a different email
> client (Foxmail v4.0 running on M$ Windows) from usual (Kmail 1.1.61 running
> on SuSE Linux).  That client encodes all outward mail using Base64 encoding -
> which seems to have been what caused the problem.  However, using all the
> email clients I can lay my hands on, I have not yet found another one that
> fails to read my postings.

My mail client reads them but as a matter of netiquette you should
always post in plain text. *All* mail clients read that; if it doesn't
then it's not an email client & if it can't post in plain text then
it's not an email client either, whatever it says on the packet.

--

 Frank

   Boroughbridge.
 Tel: 01423 323019
     ---------
PGP keyID: 0xC0B341A3

http://www.esperance-linux.co.uk/

I might have gone to West Point, but I was too proud to speak to a congressman.
		-- Will Rogers