List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] proxy servers and banned lists
From:       Giles Nunn <giles () jaus ! net>
Date:       2002-04-09 23:40:10

I don't have a proper answer to this but the N2H2 service we use claims to
have a database of millions of sites. Until recently it was filtering all
the schools in two counties on a system with a 350MHz PII with 128M of
RAM. (I am at home ATM so that is off the top of my head.)

My query about N2H2 and the GPL was whether or not the claim that they are
only providing a service rather than selling a product is a valid defense.
The fact that the server hosting the service is physically in my server
room is (supposedly) not relevant; it could be anywhere on the WEB.

Giles Nunn
Carms LEA