List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    NIS - with different distros?
From:       Matt Johnson <johnsonmlw () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-03-25 19:38:14

Folks,

In the hope that there are no stupid questions, I'll
ask this...

RedHat and SuSE handle groups very differently right?
The whole RedHat 'each user, different primary group'
thing. I've set up a LTSP server with RedHat 7.2. Can
anyone see any difficulties in the RH box
authenticating from a SuSE NIS server? On reflection,
I would have set up the LTSP on SuSE.

Then I intend to NFS map the RedHat box's /home to the
SuSE box's /home. Any issues there?

Thanks in advance.

--
Matt