List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    DHCP Problems
From:       "Rob Keeling" <rob () rjkeeling ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-02-24 14:29:25

I am trying to use DHCP to configure the the IP addresses of a number of
SuSE 7.3 boxes,
The DHCP server is running NT 4 SP6a, and is working perfectly with MS
clients, however
SuSE will only initalise the network if I manually set the ip address etc.

The linux DHCPclient seems to just hang, rather than obtaining a lease.

Anyone any idea whats wrong/what to look for?

Thanks

Rob Keeling
Network Manager
Queen Elizabeth`s Grammar School