List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    authentication problem with Apache
From:       "Colin McQueen" <cmcqueen () mcqueen ! uk ! net>
Date:       2002-02-22 16:05:04

Hi

We are using Apache and are trying to get the authentication for web folders
to work.

I have a .htaccess file in a folder and have created a password file using
htpasswd.

We get the authentication dialogue box appearing with our AuthName in it but
the logon refuses to work.
I have tried redoing the password file so checking carefully the passwords
but to no avail.

We get the Logon box 3 times and then a failed logon.

I've checked the httpd.conf file and cannot see any overriding config to
prevent access?

Any ideas?

TIA

--