List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] StarOffice
From:       "Mark Evans" <mpe () st-peters-high ! devon ! sch ! uk>
Date:       2002-02-11 10:45:13

> Learning Pathways had a good stand at BETT. They were
> pitching StarOffice6 very well, explaining their
> distribution efforts, and the price. I told the guy I
> thought it was going to be free. He told me I was
> wrong, and I humoured his dillusions. He turns out to
> be correct it would seem. Bugger.

Are they going to address the issues of multi-
user use and avoiding end user configuration.
Something which the beta handles in the same way
as 5.2?

> I pitch this stuff quite regularly to management in
> schools. I come up against the 'if it's free it can't
> be good' syndrome quite a lot. You can see it on their
> faces as you finish the sentence. Society constantly

It's not quite so simple, if it were no-one
would ever take any notice of the things like
the Tesco scheme...

--
Mark Evans
St. Peter's CofE High School