List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    RE: [suse-linux-uk-schools] The changing face of ICT
From:       "Bruce Miller" <mail () brucemiller ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-02-06 7:34:10

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Howells [mailto:chrish@gmx.co.uk]
Sent: 06 February 2002 06:29
To: suse-linux-uk-schools@suse.com

On Tuesday 05 February 2002 11:13 pm, Bruce Miller wrote:
>  Even the name Debian is a bit naff now. ((Debra
> and Ian)4ever) Well intended in it's day but we need to get much slicker,
> much sharper and much more professional.

I have to disagree there. The Debian logo (swirl) and name are very
professional IMHO.

Or do you prefer the childish penguins stuck throughout Mandrake?

- --
Cheers, Chris Howells -- chris@chrishowells.co.uk, howells@kde.org

_____________________________

The Debian logo is good. But the web site is not.

Xandros have improved Debian greatly. Mandrake need to take a leaf out of
Xandros's book too.

Tightly schooled structured programmers also need designers to work along
side them. 'Given two equal products, the better designed will always
outsell the other'. This is a well known saying in design and marketing
circles. Linux shouldn't just 'sell' because it it cheap. It needs a design
make over in places.

Regards,

Bruce.

Web: http://chrishowells.co.uk, PGP key: http://chrishowells.co.uk/pgp.txt