List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    RE: [suse-linux-uk-schools] FW: Package Dependencies
From:       "Jonathan Bacon" <j.bacon () delta ! wlv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2002-02-05 13:57:12

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Philip Hands [mailto:phil@hands.com]
> Sent: 05 February 2002 12:10

I did'nt know the mighty Phil Hands is on this list. :) I remember
meeting Phil at the Linux Expo London and discussing the whole
KDE/Debian problems back then. I do use Debian now. :)

> I hear rumours that the ported version of Debian's APT (Advanced
> Package Tool) does a pretty good job.
>
> A quick google search revealed:
>
>   http://apt-rpm.tuxfamily.org/
>
> Try searching for "APT RPM" if you need more references.

Is this like urpmi that MandrakeSoft did. Conectiva did some stuff also.

> Of course, I'd recommend simply using Debian in the first place, but
> then I'm biased.

Understandably. ;P I would ove distro's to use apt or apt derived
technology. SuSE with apt technology would be cool.

	Jono