List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Group Policies
From:       "Alex Brett" <alex.brett () brettcomputers ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-01-29 7:39:23

>From the info I've got it appears that group policies dont work under
samba as samba doesnt tell the windows clients which is the
primary group for a user.  I've found a way round it using a separate
netlogon folder for each group and then having a separate config.pol
- however, i occasionally need to add certain computer records to
the policies, and if i had to do this i would have to go through every
config.pol which will take a while, and also, bearing in mind i am
likely to have about 100 groups!

If anybody knows of a patch or anything else to fix this, I would be
very grateful!

Alex Brett
alex.brett@brettcomputers.co.uk