List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    LTSP: buying bootable NICs
From:       Matt Johnson <johnsonmlw () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-12-19 11:43:57

I'm about to buy 7 Linksys NICs which aparently come
PRE-configured for network booting.

I plan to just bung these in an assortment of older
machines and switch them on.

(Please check my thinking while we're about it - I
guess when they say they're preconfigured for network
booting, that means they're ready for LTSP booting -
right? I just bung them in?)

My main query: They're $34.99 from
disklessworkstations.com (or linuxcentral.com) and it
looks like shipping will cost me upwards of $50. So,
anyone know where I could buy them over here? I don't
want to be fiddling with ROMs if I can help it, and it
looks like floppies would be unreliable.

Ta

--
Matt