List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    RE: Fw: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Typical uses of IT in schools
From:       "Jonathan Bacon" <j.bacon () delta ! wlv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2001-12-18 16:11:44

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback.

what I am interested in knowing is the typical uses of IT that a school
has. When I say custom software I think I was a little too unspecific -
what I was trying to get at was is there any software which is used for
non productivity work which is only available on one OS or varient of
the OS.

I am interested in learning how much schools are 'locked in' to an OS
due to the inavailability of the software for an alternative OS.

I am also interested to see if this non-productivity software (ie
educational software) is actually used and what proportion of use
compared to productivity tools.

	Jono