List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] SuSE 7.3 questions....
From:       Phil Driscoll <phil () dialsolutions ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-12-14 11:04:58

On Friday 14 December 2001 9:55 am, Matt Johnson wrote:
> 2) Are there any other reasons to buy a copy of 7.3 if
> I have 7.2? I would be happy to spend my cash with
> SuSE if anyone could give me a good excuse!  :)

I've now installed 7.3 on a few machines and I think it's really very slick.

Key improvements (that have impacted on me) over 7.2 include:
KDE 2.2 is great, especially for users who you are trying to wean off of
Windows. (I had installed this on SuSE 7.2 via some downloaded rpms, but it
was a pain to get going.)
Yast2 - The ability to install with journalling file systems and LVM greatly
eased the pain of setting up a couple of servers.
Graphics - ok they are only pretty pictures, but boot up, shutdown etc really
do look 'the business' when you are trying to convince someone that this is a
slick modern OS.

Cheers
--
Phil Driscoll