List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    RE: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Microsoft, Linux, this list
From:       "Jonathan Bacon" <j.bacon () delta ! wlv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2001-12-06 9:56:24

Hi Roger,

Thankyou for writing this email to set some things straight about the
purpose of this list. I agree 100% with your points.

I believe this list could be instrumental for many schools getting a
better deal on computer software and operating systems. Linux certainly
has the capability to do great things for schools and we need to discuss
methods of getting Linux into schools and educational institutions.

Like I have said before, I don't have an enourmas amount of time spare
at the moment, but it may be an idea if we discuss how we can best
formulate our efforts.

I think the following ideas could be applied to our efforts, and with
some discussion they could materialise:

 - Develop a website which can host information on this subject and
plans we have

 - Present promotional material regarding Linux's usage in schools on
the site

 - Present case studies where Linux has been used on the site

 - Develop online petitions and advisaries for things such as the
Tony/Bill meeting and plans.

I am happy to build a site which can be used towards meeting this goal,
but I will not be able to provide much content. If you guys can
guarentee the content and updating the site, I am happy to build a
PHP/MySQL based site for this.

Thoughts?

	Jono