List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    RE: [suse-linux-uk-schools] NHS Meeting, Blair and Gates
From:       "Jonathan Bacon" <j.bacon () delta ! wlv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2001-12-04 11:05:52

I agree. Although I think I missed most of the debate, it seems to be
getting uncomfortable.

My 0.02c is simply that Microsoft are a company who are compteting with
us, and we need to take that competition seriously and with maturity. I
believe MS has created some good products, and credit should go to where
credit is due. Microsoft are not some evil force that can rule the world
- they have such a monopoly through tough business practices and also
(believe it or not) through some decent products.

As Linux folk we need to attempt to prove that Linux is a viable option,
but to do this we *need* to believe this. If someone feels Linux has
lots of flaws and is not viable then I suggest that person does not feel
bad about saying so, but this list is probably not the list for them.

I have only been on this list a few days, but I think this is a good
thing for Linux, and if we stick together, work constructively and
discuss constructively, great things could come out of it.

Cheers,

	Jono