List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] NHS Meeting, Blair and Gates
From:       Michael Brown <mbrown () fensystems ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-12-03 10:18:45

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> While I agree with the both of you regarding the contents of this mailing
> list.  Advocacy has seemed to risen from the minority to the majority of
> posts to this list.  This is (should be) a pity as the aims of this list to
> to promote Linux through helping Schools make use of it and end up with a
> better, cheaper, more reliable setup.  This is still the main aim, and the
> reason most of us non-school related subscribers are here for - to help these
> schools.
> <snip>
> However, if this talk is putting people off this list then this list is not
> doing it's job properly.  If no schools get any help then we've already lost
> the war.
> Perhaps, (Roger?) someone could set up a second advocacy list where these
> threads could be moved to, and let this list get back to helping schools use
> Linux.

If I've been reading the same list as everyone else, then I'm puzzled.
Every post that I have seen in which a school asked for help has been met
by several helpful responses.

Maybe those lurking complainants would enjoy the list more if they
participated, perhaps by posting a few questions?  Just a thought - please
don't flame me for it.

Michael