List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Viable(read cheap) alternative to access PLEASE!!
From:       Mike Rees <suse () glanymor ! carms ! sch ! uk>
Date:       2001-09-27 11:08:11

Hi

At the moment we're using access(Ok, ok stop laughing!) to produce pupil
reports.  We're at the stage where (most) teachers can enter grades etc
themselves.

(Un)Fortunately, we couldn't afford to equip everyone with a copy of office
(present or future)

What are my alternatives?

Is is it possible to use a web based front end?  If so, can these be password
protected?

Are there any reporting tools which allow flexible layouts?

I'll try almost anything..especially if it's free!

Thanks in advance

Mike Rees
Ysgol Glanymor School
Heol Elfed