List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Tweaking Apache
From:       Dave Williams <david () williams333 ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-09-25 16:01:05

Hi all

I'm using Suse 7.0 and the default install of Apache. It is working as an
intranet server but with some minor problems. Pages don't always finish

Are there any settings which I should modify to improve performance. It's
running on a 600MHz Duron with an IDE drive and 128MB of RAM. I know SCSI
and more RAM would help - any other comments?

When I'm happy with performance it could be used by over 300 clients (PCs
and Acorns) and also as an Internet cache (Squid).

Dave Williams