List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Drive designation
From:       "adrian.wells" <adrian.wells () sidcot ! org ! uk>
Date:       2001-07-27 10:06:51

I have noticed that on a scsi system (one HDD + IDE DVD) with a USB ZIP
drive connected, the HDD is set to sdb rather than sda!

The ZIP was set to sba4 - no other sba's seen.

I was surprised that the device was seen as a scsi device (sd?) and that it
had priority over the fixed disks. I haven't used USB on LINUX before.

Apart from obviously disconnecting the ZIP, is it possible to override the
drive designations during installation?

Adrian