List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Lotus under WINE
From:       Alan Harris <alanh () bryngwyn ! carmarthen ! sch ! uk>
Date:       2001-07-23 9:58:56

Many thanks to all of you who commented on my problems.

I though I'd rely the outcome to you all -

LTSP was rejected :-(

However, The servers OS was not specified, I get to run Linux in Dual
Boot mode on 15 PC's >:-). We get 15 Apple iBooks and a further 15 Apple
iMacs plus G4 based server >:-). (however, the iMacs have to run M$
Office) - Mac OS-X here I come!

I also get to upgrade my network bandwidth.

There is a possibility that the bid will fall through (61K only exisits
on paper apparently). If any one would like to know the conditions of
the Learning Schools bids then please let me know and I will be happy to
forward you the original document as recieved from the Welsh Assembly

Again, many thanks to you all for your help and comments - the battle is
not over yet!

Alan

Alan Harris
Network Manager
Bryngwyn School

Tel   : 01554 750661
Fax   : 01554 758255
E-mail: alanh@bryngwyn.carmarthen.sch

Notes:

1. The contents of this email may be snooped on by
   interested government parties for unknown purposes!
   Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act, 2000.

2. The opinions expressed in this email are personal
   and may not be shared by Bryngwyn School.