List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Schools Interoperability Framework and UK/Linux
From:       Malcolm Herbert <mherbert () redhat ! com>
Date:       2001-05-21 12:06:07

hi

the SIIA are a US-based trade association (like i guess BESA in the UK).
Commercial orientated and really going nowhere (Microsoft and others agreeing
on XML hmmmm).

there are moves afoot in the UK within the e-envoys office to standardise on
document formats etc, although i think the NHS has just moved away from going
to XML-based approach, while the cabinet office has...

no effect in the UK, as RM aren't members

Malcolm