List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    K12LTSP Training
From:       Malcolm Herbert <mherbert () redhat ! com>
Date:       2001-03-26 15:53:56

hi all

as mentioned, in partnership with Sandwell EMU (LEA IT services) we will be
running a training day on the Linux Terminal Server Project, based on the
K12LTSP distribution. This will be on Thursday 3rd May and we have around 15
places available.

the day will cover:-
 - overview of Linux Terminal Server, open source, Linux desktop and
applications.
 - specifications, design, configuration and deployment
 - building the server
 - types of clients, recycled or new
 - managing a terminal server solution

a more detailed agenda will be drawn up over the next week. The course will
include some training material and optionally your own recycled terminal (or
you bring your own?)

The basic cost will be £25, to cover room rental etc during the day, but we
are hoping to have some cheap bootable NICs available on the day for people,
even a whole terminal if they want one.

This is not an official Red Hat training course, its something myself and
Keith Chandler from Sandwell have put together. We will also hopefully be
running a training event in Wales in the near future.

Sandwell EMU is located 5mins from Junc 2 of the M5, as fairly central to the
UK. There is plenty of cheap accomodation nearby as well. In the first
instance, the course will be available for school, LEA staff, but if there is
space we can accomodate some commercial people as well.

first come first served, email to me (Malcolm) please to reserve your place.

thanks

Malcolm