List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Squid Help
From:       "Gary Parr" <g_parr () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2001-02-13 9:10:17

Hi

Imhaving probs with the following rules in my squid.conf.....

# INSERT YOUR OWN RULE(S) HERE TO ALLOW ACCESS FROM YOUR CLIENTS
#
acl badDomains dstdomain "/var/squid/badDomains"
acl badWords url_regex -i "/var/squid/badWords"
acl badtypes urlpath_regex -i "/var/squid/badtypes"
acl public_rooms src "/var/squid/rooms"
acl nonedsites url_regex "/var/squid/nonedsites"
#
acl morning time MTWHF 00:00-08:55
acl P1P2 time MTWHF 08:50-10:55
acl am_break time MTWHF 10:55-11:10
acl P3 time MTWHF 11:10-12:10
acl lunch time MTWHF 12:10-13:05
acl P4 time MTWHF 13:05-14:05
acl pm_break time MTWHF 14:05-14:15
acl P5 time MTWHF 14:15-15:15
acl night time MTWHF 15:15-23:59
#
http_access deny badDomains
http_access deny badWords
http_access deny badtypes
http_access allow nonedsites morning
http_access deny nonedsites P1P2
http_access allow nonedsites am_break
http_access deny nonedsites P3
http_access allow nonedsites lunch
http_access deny nonedsites P4
http_access allow nonedsites pm_break
http_access deny nonedsites P5
http_access allow nonedsites night
#
http_access allow public_rooms morning
http_access allow public_rooms P1P2
http_access deny public_rooms am_break
http_access allow public_rooms P3
http_access deny public_rooms lunch
http_access allow public_rooms P4
http_access deny public_rooms pm_break
http_access allow public_rooms P5
http_access allow public_rooms night
#
http_access allow all

The above just fails, but if i remove all the allow/dent public_rooms
its okay, sites that are denied during set time, are denied.

Yesterday I set it up just b4 lunch, but with the allow/deny public_rooms
before the nonedsites rules, and worked during lunch, nonedsites where okay,
but during P4, the machines that didnt have access at lunch to any sites,
now had access but no rules applied, so had access to all banned domains and
nonedsites. The machines that had access at lunch where fine and still had
rules applied.

Gary