List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Proprietry formats etc.
From:       Derek Harding <hardingd () warlingham ! surrey ! sch ! uk>
Date:       2000-12-22 10:34:37

Hi folks,

Happy Christmas and a good new year to one and all.

In Surrey the SEGfL are proposing to connect us to a 2MB/s link (courtesy of
RM) but will be web-hosting on a system only using Frontpage support (no cgi
etc.). Does anyone have experience of this product, any security issues which
need to be addressed etc?

Secondly, can anyone tell me definitively what the government position
regarding document transmission formats is? I understand that they have a
policy that only non-proprietry formats should be used (e.g. RTF) but I've
lost/can't find any official info. Did Becta have something on this once?

See you at BETT?

--
Best wishes,
Derek Harding, ICT & Network Manager