List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Case Studies
From:       "Malcolm" <malc () ngfl ! gov ! uk>
Date:       2000-08-01 6:41:24

hi all

due to some increased interested in things Open Source by the DfEE over the
last couple of weeks i find myself in the situation of requiring some
evidence, ie Case Studies on the use of Open Source/Linux in
schools/colleges etc,

i need to probably make some visits over the next few weeks (ie during
holidays), but write ups of your site config's however dirty would be
useful. I would wish to include them in a possible report to DfEE, but also
on the Open Source for Educaiton web site (more on that later today i hope).

i am esp in interested in :

1. Server Configurations, esp those with Internet services, email, squid etc
2. Workstation Configurations
3. Thin Client (seen some mention of X terminals i think on this list)

please drop me a line asap so we can arrange something.

thanks

Malcolm

Dr Malcolm Herbert
Head of Technology R&D, Becta