List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    MCA Mafia...
From:       "Anthony Hogbin" <Anthony.Hogbin () BTinternet ! com>
Date:       2000-03-30 9:09:02

Any advice?

I am a PS2 addict - and 'am running an IBM Server 500 (128Mb RAID SCSI2 F/W
10x2.21Gb Complex 4 9595a planar - I have hard wired in some parts which
have it running at 200MMX Mhz now... but apart from that as spec.) which is
the final evolution of MCA.

I am currently running NT 4 & Backoffice on it - and it works fine - but I
am looking to put SuSE on it.

There is plenty of redhat support for PC500 boxes  - but v. little suse.

I understand due to the fact it is not edge triggered and becuase the
complex has a cache controller that there are complexities.....

I have gotten around the locking up on the checking HLT instruction by using
linux no-hlt at the boot floppy boot: prompt - but now it stops at
initialising the TCP/UDP/ICMP protocols - ARGH!

Can anyone advise?

.....well - no ask - no find out!

Anthony

.