List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    No half term for me this week
From:       "Chris Davies" <cjd () epsomcollege ! sch ! uk>
Date:       2000-02-24 14:00:16

Our half term was last week, when there were no queues of
schoolkids. It was great. I came back on Monday to find that
Nominet had (accidently!!) deleted our domain name - they're
unhappy because we have no county in it. As a  result there was
no email inwards and no access to our website. Just what i need
on my first day back. It's now resolved, thank goodness, though
hardly an apology from Nominet!!

As a result there has been little time for looking at Linux. My aim,
having got one machine ( a pentium 200MH) working with KDE,
Apache server, printing to a novell network printer and workin as a
client to Novell giving access to my space on the file server, is now
to utilise the several 386s and 486s with 4 or 8 Mb, that I have as x
terminals ( is that the right word). I want to have a fast machine as
an X server and the slower machine doing some basic stuff via it
like bweb browsing, email and basic word processing. I've tried to
put Suse on a 8Mb 486 and it just doesn't work. During the install it
says too little memory and invites me to start up a second shell by
using F2 and creating and activating some swap space to use for
installation. I can't find any help on how to do this. As I have similar
machines it would be really good to know.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Chris
Chris Davies