List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    [opensuse] How does X11 decide what graphics card you have?
From:       Simon Roberts <thorpflyer () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2006-11-30 0:11:12

Hi all,

I'm trying to get my X server to recognize my graphics card properly. If I ask the \
system for hardware info, it knows that it has an Intel 945GM graphics card \
installed. But SaX is convinced that it's a generic VESA card and refuses to run in \
any mode other than 1024x768.

This used to work (although the driver used to crash on mode change) in 10.1, I'm now \
running in 10.2rc1

Help, please! How do I tell X what device its really using so I can get hold of the \
cards features via Sax?

TIA
Simon

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is \
wise by his questions." — Naguib Mahfouz