List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] And the mail is stuffed again!
From:       Leendert Meyer <leen.meyer () home ! nl>
Date:       2006-10-27 21:58:41

On Friday 27 October 2006 05:08, Basil Chupin wrote:
> Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > * Basil Chupin <blchupin@tpg.com.au> [10-26-06 11:38]:
> >> The Subject says it all :-( .
> >
> > How so?
>
> As my othere post a day ago stated, suddenly the mail from the
> Suse servers stopped coming in.

Wouldn't s/the mail/my mail/ be more correct?

> My mail client (Thunderbird) is set to check for mail every couple
> of minutes and on a normal day I get a trickle of mail in the this
> forum, and others like OT, every couple of minutes. But as day ago
> all(*) mail from Suse servers stopped.
>
> I can go to the archives and see my own post(s) and replies to it
> and other posts but they don't get to me.
>
> Then, after many hours the whole backlog of mail gets
> dumped--happened yesterday and again today.

So somewhere between the ML server and you the pipe becomes clogged
every now and then. Is there an indication in the headers of the
emails?

> (*) Interestingly enough, the only mail which DOES get through
> normally is that which is posted directly on the Suse server. For
> example, Andres Jaeger's reply to me re 10.2 beta 1 got thru t me
> as soon as he posted it and also the post from Matthias Hopf get
> through without problems--but posts by anyone else aren't coming
> thru.

Some  people have a habit to send mail to the list as well as to the
private email address. Are you certain that this is not the case?

Cheers,

Leen