List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    [SLE] Motherboard Question?
From:       "John Pierce" <john.j35 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-10-18 18:57:11

Hello list

This is not specifically a suse question, but I am going to install
suse 10.1 x86_64 and thought I would ask here first.

I just received my brand new Biostar 6100-M9 micro atx motherboard
with the nvidia nforce 410 chipset and I noticed that the power supply
connector is 24 pin, with an additional 4 pin P4 connector.  My
current atx power supply is only 20 pin with the additional 4 pin P4
connector.  Is it possible to drive this motherboard with my current
PS or do I need one of the new so called btx power supply units with a
24 pin primary connector?

I am really looking forward to using this new 64 bit mobo but I do not
want to risk harming it if  by plugging my 20 pin connector into the
24 pin socket.

John
--
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at
http://counter.li.org